Deena is available to book for speaking engagements on multiple topics. She is an expert in the fields of childbirth education and prenatal yoga. She is a vibrant and evocative speaker who engages the audience completely.
Topics can be geared towards expectant parents or towards childbirth and yoga professionals. Workshops can be lecture, discussion, hands-on or a combination.
Deena is available to speak locally, within the Pittsburgh, Pa area, as well as nationally.
For further information, or to inquire about booking, please contact Deena directly.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- March 21, 2015, 15th Annual Family Centered Maternity Care Conference, sponsored by Heart & Hands Doula Service, Monroeville, Pa: Yoga Breath for Birth
- August 6 – 9, 2015, The Business of Yoga Conference (Yoga Alliance), Los Angeles, CA: Entrepreneur’s panel – Marketing your Niche Business
Past Speaking Engagements
- September 19, 2014, Lamaze & DONA Conference, Kansas City, MO: Prenatal Yoga: An Exercise for Mind, Body and Spirit as well as A Birth Plan for Your Business: Writing a Business Plan to Launch or Grow your Birth Business
- February 24, 2014, Babies ‘R’ Us – Cranberry, “Childbirth, Myth or Fact”
- December 9, 2013, Babies ‘R’ Us – Monroeville, “Childbirth, Myth or Fact”
- November 6, 2013, Webinar for Lamaze International, “Making the Most of your Childbirth Education Business”
- October 14, 2013, Babies ‘R’ Us – Cranberry, “Childbirth 101″
- October 11, 2013, Lamaze Conference in New Orleans, LA: Morning Exercise Session “A Prenatal Yoga Practice for All”
- October 10, 2013, Lamaze Conference in New Orleans, LA: “Integrating Yoga Into Your Lamaze Class: Making Labor Positions Accessible to All and Teaching Effective Breathing and Relaxation”
- May 13, 2013, Babies “R” Us in Monroeville: “Why do I need a childbirth class?”
- April 15, 2013, Shining Light Prenatal Education: Propelle Presents: A panel discusssion, ‘So you want to open a storefront’
- March 21, 2013, Babies “R” Us in Monroeville: “Cesarean Prevention 101″
- March 11, 2013, Babies “R” Us in Monroeville: “What are your childbirth options?”
- February 19, 2013, Storkbites New Mother Support Group, “Yoga for your Baby”
- January 28, 2013, Babies “R” Us in Monroeville: “Debunking the Myths of Childbirth”
- October 2012, Nashville, TN: Lamaze Innovative Learning Forum, Annual Conference, “Prenatal Yoga: Learning proper alignment and taking it into your childbirth classes”
- September 2012, Pittsburgh, Pa: Show and Tell at Catapult Pgh, “Helping Young Families Stay in Pittsburgh with the Right Support.”
- September 2011, Ft. Worth, TX: Lamaze Innovative Learning Forum, Annual Conference, “Prenatal Yoga: An Exercise for Body, Mind and Spirit”